Firefox and firefox-remote options issues

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:02:13 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2012 4:52 PM, "Kevin Oberman" <kob6558 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> After upgrading a system from 8 to 9 I am reinstalling all ports.
>> Unfortunately, neither www/firefox nor www/firefox-remote is handling
>> options correctly. I'm just guessing that it is related to optionsng.
>>
>> The options dialog always comes up with the default options showing.
>> If I modify these, they are not being stored and the port seems to
>> build without the selected options. Worse, when I used portmaster to
>> install firefox-remote, I was queried for options at the start and
>> again before the install and then the install failed because the build
>> had not built the option I specified. I have never seen this sort of
>> behavior and it appears to be only these two ports. Neither has
>> converted to optionsng.
>>
>> The re-install of all ports will be running for a while as there are
>> about 700 ports still to be installed, but after it finishes I will
>> try to figure out what is going wrong, but I'll have to admit that my
>> make experience is fairly basic.
>>
>> Any idea why these two ports seem to be failing to process options
>> correctly?
>> --,
>
> Does the file /var/db/ports/firefox/options exist?  Can you put it up
> somewhere?

Wow! Not what I expected to find!

Yes, /var/db/ports/firefox/options is there, but
/var/db/ports/firefox-remote/options is not. And, when I look at
/var/db/ports/firefox/options, it actually contains the options for
firefox-remote!

If I go into www/firefox and make config,
/var/db/ports/firefox-remote/options contains the right options. Ouch.

I'll need to re-build firefox-remote later, but at least I now expect
firefox to build as I want it to. Something in parsing the port name
seems to have been broken.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com