[Resend] Any chance to lessen number of installed /lang/ paths...

jsb.__ at speakeasy.net jsb.__ at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 8 22:19:47 UTC 2012

   For some reason, the other browser malformed the previous posting a
   few day   not seen yet in this install, so hopefully this one is not also
   malformed.<   upon reinstall of perl, python, ruby, I almost always upon reinstall
   encoun   in /perl5/ , etc, subject them to pkg_which one-liners, and it takes a
   good   too many paths, as seen below...)
   As well as unexpected breakage in some ports which expect the old
   paths for   ...
   I was wondering if those (perl python ruby) paths could be shortened:
   # /perl5/
   find . -type d | wc -l ( == 2900 here)
   into just a few ... for instance if every file was in one subdir one
   could    without the excess 'cd' appurtenant to thousands of directories.
   Thanks.
   J. Bouquet
   (Apologies if characters stripped from the message making it again
   practica