Options NG questions

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 8 18:57:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 04:34:31PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> while porting dnsmasq to optionsNG, I came across a couple of questions
> that do not seem to be addressed in the documentation.
>
> 1 - dependencies between options
>
> specifics: dns/dnsmasq offers IDN and NLS. Due to idiosyncrasies of the
> port, NLS also entails IDN. Meaning that:
>
> If NLS is enabled,  the IDN option should either *not* be offered, or as
> "always on".
>
> If NLS is disabled, the IDN option *should be offered* as a binary option.
>
> How do I express that in Options NG?

I don't know much except after .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MNLS}
PORT_OPTIONS+=	IDN
.endif

something like that.
For the dialog UI can't do much

> 2 - OPTIONS_EXCLUDE
>
> OPTIONS_EXCLUDE does not seem to work for me in a way that I've
> understood it.
>
> Situation: misc/e2fsprogs-libuuid (a slave port to sysutils/e2fsprogs)
> requires WITHOUT_NLS=true to build properly, OPTIONS_EXCLUDE=NLS does
> not work (meaning that the master port gets NLS in PORT_OPTIONS breaking
> the slave build), WITHOUT_NLS=true continues to work.

OPTIONS_EXCLUDE will remove NLS from the list of define options but but NLS
remain in PORT_OPTIONS.

Do force removing NLS I would have done, in master port Makefile

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>
.if defined(MASTERDIR)
# Force removal of NLS
PORT_OPTIONS:=	${PORT_OPTIONS:NNLS}
.endif

> 3 - Command line overrides
>
> Traditionally, command line overrides like "make WITHOUT_IPV6=yes" took
> precedence, or port test -- WITHOUT_IPV6.
>
> How do I tell dns/dnsmasq after conversion that I do not want IPV6?
> "make OPTIONS_UNSET=IPV6" does not work, and "make OPTIONS_OVERRIDE=..."
> requires a lot of fiddling to get the options right.

make OPTIONS_UNSET=IPV6 should work maybe already have it in make.conf ?

make dnsmasq_UNSET=IPV6 should also work

regards,
Bapt