Ruby 1.9 as default

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Thu Jun 7 18:58:50 UTC 2012

On 2-6-2012 3:32, Steve Wills wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think we should try to make Ruby 1.9 the default Ruby again and would
> like to see it done before 9.1 is released. I've submitted a patch which
> does this and requested and exp-run from portmgr.

This may become obsolete soon, since graphics/gdal is going to be
updated, but with my current (slightly outdated) ports tree it fails
with not being able to find:
a) the ruby binary since there is no /usr/local/bin/ruby
b) as a side-effect ruby.h, but also because swig is using a deprecated
Config interface that apparently is unable to set the include path
correctly.

swig-1.3.40
RUBY_VER=1.9 in /etc/make.conf
RUBY config option set in graphics/gdal

Given issues described with swig 1.x earlier on this list, you may want
to investigate if swig 1.x should be removed/patched/whatever before
this sweep.
--
Mel