RFC: ports failing on current

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jun 7 05:22:29 UTC 2012

Recently I was able to do a test run of ports on stock amd64-10 (gcc
still as default compiler).  The results suggest that we have a lot
of work to do.

The failures that I have documented are disjoint from the updates to
php, png, libgif, and the options framework, due to the simple fact
that this run predates it.  As well, I have tried to factor out ports
that also fail on our stable branches.

If you are running current and/or are one of the maintainers of the
affected ports, could you take a look to see if you can duplicate
and/or fix the problems?  Thanks.

The URL:

  http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsFailingOnCurrent

Again, as with the "ports failing on jails", this is a moving target.

mcl