New OPTIONS and make.conf knobs

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue Jun 5 11:25:24 UTC 2012

Doug Barton wrote:
> On 06/04/2012 04:29, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> Yes, that's right. But I am confused why portmaster does not show the
>> options dialog to let user uncheck QT4?
>
> There is code to do this if you use the --force-config option. I haven't
> made that the default yet because it's a fairly complex part of the
> code, and I'm not sure that making it the default won't do more harm
> than good.
>
> Please try it and let me know how it goes for you.

It works with some minor problem...

# portmaster --force-config emulators/virtualbox-ose

===>>> Currently installed version: virtualbox-ose-4.1.16
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose

         ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
         ===>>> QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config' again!

Then it waits for a second or two and then displays the dialog.

I unchecked the QT4, confirmed with OK button and then options dialog
re-appeared again with my previously confirmed options.
So I confirmed the dialog again and then installation continues in
normal way.

Am I right, that --force-config will show options dialog even in cases
where I already have stored options for given port?

Miroslav Lachman