Libevent2 port is not passing SSL regression tests

Oleg Moskalenko oleg.moskalenko at citrix.com
Sun Jun 3 22:29:51 UTC 2012

I got reply from libevent guys:

======================================
This is actually an openssl bug that prevents OpenSSL 1.0.1 from
renegotiating with itself successfully when it has negotiated TLS 1.1 or
TLS 1.2.

It doesn't seem to have an OpenSSL ticket yet; we only figured it out
yesterday on the Tor bugtracker. See
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6033 for what we learned
there. With any luck, this should be fixed in openssl 1.0.1d or 1.0.1e.
It is nothing to worry about, unless you're using renegotiation with
OpenSSL and TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2.

So, this is a well-known problem (since yesterday, but anyway) and somebody in OpenSSL community will (hopefully) take care about it.

Oleg