optionsng ignores /var/db/ports/<portname>/options

Michael Scheidell scheidell at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 3 22:20:23 UTC 2012

On 6/3/12 5:54 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> The real fix which will be long term, any volunteer? would be to define a
> PKGNAMEEXTRAPREFIX in bsd.port.mk that bsd.*.mk can overwrite and create a
> UNIQUENAME that is independant from that EXTRAPREFIX.

or back all this out until its actually tested instead of breaking a
percentage of the 26,000 ports out there?
Yes, we need this, but lets stop breaking things.

php54 broke things (still not fixed, pr's still in GNATS for this)
png update broke things (still not fixed, pr's still in GNATS. and its
not even Monday in most of the world yet)
optionsng should have been 100% upward compatible.  you should not be
forced to an an emergency update of a port you maintain just because the
ports tree broke things.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
 >*| * SECNAP Network Security Corporation
d: +1.561.948.2259
w: http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell