after pkg-config -> pkgconf update lots of packages show missing dependency on devel/pkg-config

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 31 15:44:23 UTC 2012

On 31/07/2012 15:44, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> One possibility is that I didn't always
> apply the pkgng portmaster patch correctly.

This would produce exactly the problem you've experienced.  If you
switch to pkgng and you want to use portmaster, then you've got to keep
portmaster patched.  That means holding off on portmaster updates for a
day or so until the patch has been updated to match.

You can see which version of portmaster the patch applies to -- if you
look here:

https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng/blob/master/ports/patch-portmaster-pkgng

then the portmaster version is clearly visible in the first few lines.
Updates should happen reasonably promptly; ask on #pkgng on FreeNode IRC
or here if unsure.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--