Problems about making a new port

HU Dong (胡东) itechbear at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 12:31:55 UTC 2012

I met with some problem while porting a software, which will be
www/xombrero. It's a web browser.

1. Its source code has a .desktop file and I want to install it to
/usr/local/share/applications. But some committer told me to check it
again. Is it a wrong place?

2. Also, it has several icon files located in ${WORKSRC}/. The filenames
are xombreroicon32.png, xombreroicon64.png etc. Is there a convinient way
to install them to correct places (/usr/local/share/icons/hicolr/NxN/apps)?

3. It has a simple sh script called playflash.sh as its "plugin". The
script is supposed to be manually copied to ~/.xombrero directory. So I
installed the script to /usr/local/share/xombrero. Is it better to move it
to /usr/local/share/examples/xombrero?

Thanks!