firefox 14.0.1 and flash

Jan Beich jbeich at tormail.org
Sun Jul 29 10:22:48 UTC 2012

ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On my FreeBSD 9.0 Release, KDE 4.8.4, Firefox 14.0.1 stooped working with
> linuxflashplugin 11. There is no problem with Opera.

First, try firefox package and show pkg_info -aE output. Blame pointyhat
tardiness if the package (for 14.0.1) is not available yet.

Second, try to disable dom.ipc.plugins.enabled in about:config.
If it helps try the first attached patch, then remove patch-bug753046
and try the second patch.

If neither helps try collecting debug info

  # NSPR_LOG_MODULES output depends on LOGGING option

  $ NSPR_LOG_MODULES=plugin:5 firefox -ProfileManager -no-remote
  $ NSPR_LOG_MODULES=all:5 NSPR_LOG_FILE=$HOME/nspr.log firefox -P <test-profile> -no-remote
  $ NPW_DEBUG=1 NPW_LOG=$HOME/npw.log firefox -P <test-profile> -no-remote

and see how far it got by comparing output with previous version.

Also, QT4 is known to be broken with plugins.