Question about new options framework (regression?)

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Jul 25 17:21:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 07:09:48PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
>  > On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 05:11:18PM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
>  > > What is the proper way to temporarily change an option on
>  > > the command line or within a script?
>
> I also tried the other settings you suggested, and none
> of them works.  It's always overridden by the settings
> that are stored in $PORT_DBDIR.
>
> With the old framework, I could override $PORT_DBDIR with
> "WITH_ZSH_STATIC=true" ...  Can't this be done with the
> new framework, too?

This is because you already have a save configuration made out of make config

you can still override PORT_DBDIR to make sure this configuration is not read
PORT_DBDIR=/dev/null OPTIONS_SET="STATIC" make ..

regards,
Bapt