Rebuilding png and perl without rebuilding a whole lot of ports twice

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 16 09:37:29 UTC 2012

On 07/16/2012 02:29, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> Actually I would want to upgrade many of the ports even if they
> wouldn't be broken by upgrade in png or perl, but not twice.

Well now you're changing the parameters.

> I already have lists in /var/db/pkg/png-1.4.8/+REQUIRED_BY and
> similar for Perl that could be used like your p5-list and png-list.

They aren't necessarily complete. You might want to do 'portmaster
--check-depends' before relying on them.

> Problem is how to avoid the duplicates, my scripting knowledge is not
> so advanced,

Um, sort -u? You need to do the 'portmaster -o' for perl though,
otherwise the pkgdep's in the dependent ports won't be right.

Good luck,

Doug

--

    Change is hard.