libreoffice, 10-current, and clang

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 7 23:36:47 UTC 2012

On 07/07/2012 04:17, Doug Barton wrote:
> Even though I am on 10-current, where the clang --version is nominally
> the same as the one in ports, the current version of the libreoffice
> port is telling me I need to install the clang port. Why?

And the answer to this question is that as of r238026 the LO build fails
with the base clang. It would be nice if this were fixed so that users
on -current didn't have to have 4 different compilers installed.

> Also, the port has this:
>
> CXXCPP= ${LOCALBASE}/bin/clang++ -E
> CPP=    ${LOCALBASE}/bin/clang -E
>
> whereas for CPP at least the wiki says specifically not to do that, but
> to use clang-cpp instead. Why the discrepancy here?

And the answer to this question is that the port doesn't install
clang-cpp. Brooks?

Meanwhile, one more request. The LO port does extensive
building/packaging in TMPDIR, and one or more of TMP/TEMPDIR. It would
be nice if these could be defined as subdirs of WRKDIR so that all of
the related files and directories could be wiped out after the build;
and more importantly so that the install doesn't fail for those of us
with tiny /tmp directories.

Doug