nautilus build failure

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:46:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM,  <rflynn at acsalaska.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:49:44 -0900 (AKST)
>> rflynn at acsalaska.net articulated:

>>> % pkg_updating x11/xcb-util
>>> 20120116:
>>>   AFFECTS: users of x11/xcb-util
>>>   AUTHOR: garga at FreeBSD.org
>>>
>>>   x11/xcb-util was updated to 0.3.8 and was split in new modules.
>>>   Dependencies were adjusted but main port symbols were moved to a
>>> single library, xcb-util.so.  For this reason, all dependent ports
>>> must be recompiled.If you use portmaster, run:
>>>
>>>   # portmaster -R -r xcb-util-0
>>>
>>>   Or for portupgrade:
>>>
>>>   # portupgrade -r xcb-util-0\*
>> I did exactly that; however, the situation still persists.
>
> Run this:
> find /usr/local/lib -type f -exec grep 'xcb-aux' {} +
>
> If that shows files, then those ports need to be upgraded first.
> However, if this shows libraries in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg
> then delete those files. Libtool is being confused by outdated
> libraries and you need to figure out the culprit. A hint may
> be available in the lines above the failure message.
>
> -- Mel

While this works, I really continue to recommend Dominic Fandrey's
pkg_libcheck. It runs much faster as it runs parallel checks on
multiple files at the same time. Install sysutils/bsdadminscripts and
run 'pkg_libchk -o | grep xcb-' and rebuild all the ports reported.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com