what is maxcmdlen? $0 len?

Michael Scheidell scheidell at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 26 17:41:26 UTC 2012

On 1/26/12 12:36 PM, rflynn at acsalaska.net wrote:
> Also, it looks like swatch is creating a temporary script that is
> actually run, so the status command is not supposed to find it.
>
> It's a design issue upstream that you want them to find a better
> solution for.

I am thinking:
either do what SHOULD be done, and in swatch(). check for cmdlen > (x?)
and what is x?) and let swatch die.

I am experimenting with:
if len > x ; then procname=/usr/local/bin/perl;fi

(x being 222 so far).

ugly, but it works for small (< 222) and large (>222)..

wish I knew if x (222) changes for arch/perlversion/osversion

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation