so, FreeBSD on VMware is dead, right?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 26 07:56:14 UTC 2012

On the plus side, we have dozens of production FreeBSD VM's running on a
mid-size vSphere 4 development.

On the minus side this is down significantly from this time last year.
We are migrating to FreeBSD-on-KVM as fast as we can because VMware's
support for FreeBSD is as others have described (i.e. bad), and KVM is
coming along nicely. This is especially egregious when you take into
account their steadily increasing pricing models.

OTOH it's worth taking a closer look at http://callfortesting.org/bhyve/

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.