databases/mysql-workbench52

tom at diogunix.com tom at diogunix.com
Sun Jan 22 15:25:03 UTC 2012

> > I've stumbled across a weird issue with building the databases/mysql-
>
> > workbench52 port on a brandnew / fresh FreeBSD 9 RELEASE machine:
> its in the makefile for mysql-workbench51
> DEFAULT_MYSQL_VER=      51
> IGNORE_WITH_MYSQL=      41 55
>
> the maintainer thinks it won't work with mysql55
>
> you can delete that line and see what happens.

Thanks for the hint, Michael.

Unfortunately, I get an error then:

In file included from ./my_global.h:383,
                 from mysys_priv.h:17,
                 from charset-def.cpp:17:
/usr/include/sys/timeb.h:42:2: warning: #warning "this file includes
<sys/timeb.h> which is deprecated"
In file included from mysys_priv.h:17,
                 from charset-def.cpp:17:
./my_global.h:1017: error: redeclaration of C++ built-in type 'bool'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52/work/mysql-workbench-
oss-5.2.1/library/sql-parser/source.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52/work/mysql-workbench-
oss-5.2.1/library/sql-parser.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52/work/mysql-workbench-
oss-5.2.1/library.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52/work/mysql-workbench-
oss-5.2.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52/work/mysql-workbench-
oss-5.2.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mysql-workbench52.

> if it works, open a pr
> with a patch.  if you can get it to work, open a pr with a patch.

I could not figure out what's actually up there.

@Maxim:
Is that the reason why you excluded MySQL 55 from that Makefile ?

@all
Is there any chance to somehow get the build working with MySQL 55 ?

kind regards
Tom