ports/164244: multimedia/mplayer: last update (1.0.r20111218) conflicts with devel/ncurses

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 21 22:23:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:00:04 +0100
Thomas Zander <thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > But the takeaway is that we can't expect the PR submitters, or even
> > port maintainers, to get anything right.  It sure makes life easier
> > when they do, but we can't take it for granted.
> > As committers, we are that QA step.
>
> And we maintainers appreciate that there is a QA step represented by a
> committer. Trust me, I do!

I'm calling it "the safety belt". I found out how useful and relaxing
it is while moving from maintianer/submitter to committer under
mentorship to full commiter :)

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B