so, FreeBSD on VMware is dead, right?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jan 21 21:10:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:12:53 -0500
Michael Scheidell articulated:

> I reached out to a high level sr engineer at VMware and told him
> there was a lot of companies using FreeBSD on VMware, and a lot more
> that would, if just VMware gave us some love (fixed, or helped us fix
> some device drivers).
>
> He asked "how many"?

I have experienced the same exact problem when contacting various
companies regarding drivers suitable for FreeBSD. Virtually none of
them are interested in developing and maintaining drivers for what they
consider a niche environment. One such company did what yours did,
asked to to name other users of the device I was inquiring about. I
felt rather embarrassed to admit that I could not name a single one. At
least you had one.

Good luck!

--
Jerry ♔