linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Da Rock freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Fri Jan 13 14:54:57 UTC 2012

On 01/13/12 07:51, Da Rock wrote:
> On 01/13/12 04:19, Chris Rees wrote:
>> On 12 January 2012 12:26, Da Rock
>> <freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:

>>> I would have preferred to know about the -C option earlier- I hadn't
>>> realised how helpful it was. I used -Cv in the end which gave me a
>>> better
>>> overview.
>>>
>>> I do have a "WARN: no CVS directories. Use -N to check a new port."
>>> Is this
>>> normal? Is this simply expected of a new uncommitted port? I assume
>>> this is
>>> the case due to -N mentioned in the warning, I also ran it with -CvN
>>> and it
>>> came back with "looks fine".
>>>
>>> I'll upload a new .shar to my URI now.
>> Hm, for a new port, you should use portlint -A; portlint -C is for
>> existing ports.
>>
>> portlint -A searches for stupid things like a work/ directory still
>> existing too.
> portlint -A: looks fine.
>
> I'll put it in later today, I think.
I've implemented some more cutbacks to create a leaner port thanks to
Chris' helpful comments in another thread (unassociated shell command),
and I've uploaded the new shar for review (again on my URI) if anyone
would care to check it out and comment. Otherwise I'll submit it tomorrow.

Once submitted do the committers offer any advice on improvements?