multimedia/zoneminder: rc script runs mysql commands?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Wed Jan 11 20:14:22 UTC 2012

 We have the same problem with a commercial product. Is the user decided to pull a black cord Instead of a soft shut down, the next time a power it up, sometimes there is a race conditions between time out on the services that are looking to a running sequel server, and the database recovery. rc ordering is a good way to at least give me a hint which 1 needs to start first but has everyone has observed, it in a bit self cannot guarantee this service is running. you could do something funky with wait pid but you might not want the system to hang waiting for everything to start. some kind of passive wait loop 2 seconds wait loop 4 seconds wait loop 10 seconds wait loope 60 seconds wait loop 120 seconds but this is not a free bsd porting issue. Uostream would
 need to look at it.