repocopying games/linux-enemyterritory-jaymod

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 10 22:08:53 UTC 2012

On 10-01-2012 15:09, Barbara wrote:
> I noticed that there is a new version of jaymod (2.2.0).
> I have an updated port ready, but I would like to know if it's possible to
> copy the one currently in ports (2.1.7) as - let me say - linux-enemyterritory-
> jaymod-217.
> The reason behind that request is that 2.1.7 is compatible with linux-
> enemyterritory-omni-bot-0660, which is in fact a copy of linux-enemyterritory-
> omni-bot stuck at 0.660 for compatibility reason with jaymod.
> The new version of jaymod I'm going to send will be compatible with the
> current version of linux-enemyterritory-omni-bot (which I'm maintaing yet).
> So it will result in (compatibility):
> linux-enemyterritory-omni-bot-0660->linux-enemyterritory-jaymod-217
> linux-enemyterritory-omni-bot->linux-enemyterritory-jaymod
> while at the moment:
> linux-enemyterritory-omni-bot-0660->linux-enemyterritory-jaymod
> linux-enemyterritory-omni-bot->no jaymod version
>
> If that is possible, I just need some time to fix CONFLICTs and RUN_DEPENDS
> and do some tests.
>
> As "counteroffer", I would ask to take the maintainership for omnibot-0660 and
> both jaymod ports.
Done :-)

> I can figure out that there is not many people interested in that, but maybe
> someone may dislike one or both of the new versions loosing fun from the game,
> and being it just a game, I think that it's not good.

Are the 0.660 / 2.17 and current versions really different (gameplay,
license, ...) or are the former two just older?  In my opinion, in the
former case it would make sense, in the latter not so much and just
keeping the latest versions would make life easier for everyone.  In
case you want the repocopy, just send in a PR with a "repocopy" marker
somewhere.

Regards,
René
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl:8080/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC
(subkeys.pgp.net)