[patch] Problem building www/uwsgi on FreeBSD 9

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Mon Jan 9 18:36:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Roberto De Ioris <roberto at unbit.it> wrote:

> Il giorno 08/gen/2012, alle ore 21:43, Maxim Khitrov ha scritto:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not sure whether this is a FreeBSD or uwsgi problem, but the
>> current port (uwsgi 1.0) isn't compiling on FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE amd64
>> for the following reasons:
>>
>> 1. In uwsgiconfig.py:534 uwsgi checks for the existence of
>> sys/capability.h. This header isn't present on my 7.x or 8.x systems,
>> but it is there in FreeBSD 9.
>>
>> 2. If the check succeeds, UWSGI_CAP is defined for compilation.
>>
>> 3. In uwsgi.h:1169 the presence of UWSGI_CAP causes "cap_value_t
>> *cap;" to be defined.
>>
>> 4. The FreeBSD version of sys/capability.h does not define cap_value_t
>> (which seems to be a simple int typedef on Linux).
>>
>> The net effect of this is a long series of errors when compiling utils.c:
>

> FreeBSD9 capabilities are completely different from linux one.
>
> I will try to make a port, otherwise i will enable to check only for linux.

Yea, I spent a bit more time looking at it and the FreeBSD version of
sys/capability.h seems to be related to libcapsicum rather than
libcap. The POSIX version was removed ~9.5 years ago and resurrected
as capacium 10 months ago for FreeBSD 9:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/capability.h

Daniel, I suggest adding my patch to the port as a temporary solution.
9.0-RELEASE is likely to be announced any day now, so it would be good
to have a working version of uwsgi in the ports tree. The patch can be
removed once Roberto implements the final fix on his end.

- Max