problem with games/pokerth upgrade

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Sat Jan 7 15:08:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm seeking counsel on the upgrade of games/pokerth to latest version.

The new version depends on textproc/tinyxml, but requires it to be
compiled with TIXML_USE_STL defined, wich, at present, is not the default.

I tested adding such an option to the tinyxml port making it the default
for testing purposes. While this fixes the problem with pokerth, it
breaks at least another port (ftp/filezilla).

At this point I'm a little taken back. I don't really know how to solve
this dilemma.

I can't modify tinyxml port, since it's needed as is, nor create a slave
port with this option: it would have to conflict with the original
tinyxml, and leave people having to choose which version of the library
to keep, precluding them at least one of the two mentioned programs.

Anyone has a suggestion on how to solve this? What do the ports
collection policies really allow me to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

As a side note I don't like projects taking this kind of freedom with
their requirements, as I often see happening, but, being the maintainer
of this port, I just get the upstream code as is...

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>