linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Fri Jan 6 21:27:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:24:50 +0100 Gary Jennejohn
<gljennjohn at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 00:33:30 +1000
> Da Rock <freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> > All I want is 3 files from the usr/lib in the rpm (I think). What I
> > couldn't quite ascertain is what is done here in the
> > bsd.linux-rpm.mk: is it extracted and the files copied by make? Or
> > is the rpm installed as in linux?
> >

> I must admit that I'm not too clear on how this works myself.

The files from the RPM are extracted and then copied to the LINUXBASE
(if not overridden). If the Makefiles species some files to brand
(should be done for executable binaries, not for libs) the files are
branded before installation. See bsd.linux-rpm.mk, do-install target.

Bye,
Alexander.