linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Fri Jan 6 21:21:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:42:17 +1000 Da Rock
<freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> On 01/05/12 07:10, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:31:51 +1000 Da Rock
> > <freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:
> >
> >> I've been advised I should attempt to port this for general use to
> >> FreeBSD. I've been operating it manually very successfully now in a
> >> number of operations. This is, however, my first attempt at a port
> >> and I would like some guidance to see if I've done this right.
> >>
> >> I was advised to copy the essential parts from a similar port, so
> >> I've used archivers/linux-f10-ucl. This is my Makefile:
> >>
> >> # New ports collection makefile for:
> >> archivers/linux-f10-nss_ldap # Date created:
> >> 2012-01-04 # Whom:                    rskinner
> >> #
> >> # $FreeBSD$
> >> #
> >>
> >> PORTNAME=        nss_ldap
> >> PORTVERSION=        1.03
> >> CATEGORIES=        security linux
> >> MASTER_SITES=
> >> CRITICAL/rpm/${LINUX_RPM_ARCH}/fedora/${LINUX_DIST_VER}
> >> PKGNAMEPREFIX=        linux-f10- DISTNAME=
> >> ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}-${RPMVERSION}
> >>
> >> MAINTAINER=        emulation at FreeBSD.org
> > This should be you (if you're willing to maintain the port).
> You keep dropping hints like this all the time Alex :)
>
> Honestly, though, I'm not sure whats involved or whether I'm capable
> of handling the responsibility. This one is not likely to change too
> much over time, but my skills are probably wanting.

More or less everyone started like this. Just jump in and give it a
try. As you can see we have some helpful people here around.

> >> COMMENT=        nss_ldap library (Linux Fedora 10)
> >>
> >> CONFLICTS=
> >>
> >> USE_LINUX_RPM=        yes
> >> LINUX_DIST_VER=        10
> >> RPMVERSION=        8.fc9
> > This does not sound like you took a Fedora 10 RPM here, but you
> > specified in LINUX_DIST_VER that you use Fedora 10.
> I wasn't sure exactly what to put there yet, but this was a Makefile
> for linux-f10-ucl so I thought it would be at least close. The
> filename is supposed to be nss_ldap-264-6.fc10.i386.rpm.

I suggest to grep around Mk/*linux* for such linux-specific stuff. Most
likely you will find places where they are used. Maybe you can deduvt
from there if they are needed in your Makefile, or to what they should
be set to.

> >> USE_LDCONFIG=        yes
> >>
> >> PLIST_FILES=        usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2
> >> usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so usr/lib/libnss_ldap-264.so DOCSDIR=
> >> ${PREFIX}/usr/share/doc/${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
> >> PORTDOCS=        COPYING NEWS README THANKS TODO DESCR=
> >> ${.CURDIR}/../${PORTNAME}/pkg-descr
> > You don't need DESCR this way, it looks like this sets it to the
> > same file (but in a different way) than the default value of DESCR.
> I have a pkg-descr file setup. That should be right, isn't it?

Yes. You only need to change the value of DESCR in the Makefile, if you
want to use another (generated) file.

> >> .include<bsd.port.mk>
> >>
> >> And I have a pkg-descr file.
> >>
> >> Am I on the right track? I'm following the porters handbook as
> >> well.
> > When doing the "make makesum", please use "make -DPACKAGE_BUILDING
> > makesum" to get the checkums of the SRPMs recorded too. We are
> > obliged to provide the GNU sources the same way like the binaries,
> > and IIRC we have some logic which fetches the SRPMs on tha packaga
> > bulding cluster.
> Oh, dear. I'll have to go hunting for them then.

Unfortunately yes.

Bye,
Alexander.