linux-f10-nss_ldap: my first port - be gentle :)

Da Rock freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Jan 4 23:56:08 UTC 2012

On 01/04/12 23:27, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:31:51 +1000
> Da Rock<freebsd-ports at herveybayaustralia.com.au>  wrote:
>
>> I've been advised I should attempt to port this for general use to
>> FreeBSD. I've been operating it manually very successfully now in a
>> number of operations. This is, however, my first attempt at a port and I
>> would like some guidance to see if I've done this right.
>>
>> I was advised to copy the essential parts from a similar port, so I've
>> used archivers/linux-f10-ucl. This is my Makefile:
>>
>> # New ports collection makefile for:    archivers/linux-f10-nss_ldap
>> # Date created:                2012-01-04
>> # Whom:                    rskinner
>> #
>> # $FreeBSD$
>> #
>>
>> PORTNAME=        nss_ldap
>> PORTVERSION=        1.03
>> CATEGORIES=        security linux
>> MASTER_SITES=        CRITICAL/rpm/${LINUX_RPM_ARCH}/fedora/${LINUX_DIST_VER}
>> PKGNAMEPREFIX=        linux-f10-
>> DISTNAME=        ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}-${RPMVERSION}
>>
>> MAINTAINER=        emulation at FreeBSD.org
>> COMMENT=        nss_ldap library (Linux Fedora 10)
>>
>> CONFLICTS=
>>
>> USE_LINUX_RPM=        yes
>> LINUX_DIST_VER=        10
>> RPMVERSION=        8.fc9
>> USE_LDCONFIG=        yes
>>
>> PLIST_FILES=        usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2 usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so
>> usr/lib/libnss_ldap-264.so
>> DOCSDIR=        ${PREFIX}/usr/share/doc/${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}
>> PORTDOCS=        COPYING NEWS README THANKS TODO
>> DESCR=            ${.CURDIR}/../${PORTNAME}/pkg-descr
>>
>> .include<bsd.port.mk>
>>
>> And I have a pkg-descr file.
>>
>> Am I on the right track? I'm following the porters handbook as well.
>>
> Doesn't pass portlint.
>
> Can't fetch the RPM file.
>
> Otherwise, a pretty good start.
Ok, thats good so far then. Thanks for the assessment.

Now, what's portlint?

And I have a question or two about the rpm. Do I need to script
something to just extract the files needed, or is it already in the mk
files already somewhere?

And how do I work out the url for fetching the rpm? This particular one
is a moving target as the distro is already eol. Is it stored on the
FreeBSD servers? Or what do I do here?

In the porters handbook it mentions checksums and "make makesum" - does
that mean I have to put it in the ports tree to try it?

And is pkg-message scripted or do I just create it?

Thanks again.