portupgrade -> portmaster Rosetta Stone?

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Tue Feb 28 01:55:23 UTC 2012

On 2/27/2012 11:18, Olivier Smedts wrote:

> Now I only need to find a way to "ignore" the errors when creating a
> backup package if there was a plist problem, and it will be really
> fine.

It's much easier to not use the feature and use -g as there's a greater
chance that the package created during a successful installation will
work for restoring purposes. Also, plist problems of past revisions are
not interesting, but plist problems of up-to-date packages should
generate PR's.

All in all, the backup feature is only useful as convenience for when an
install fails, but in my experience generates more noise then you're saving.

--
Mel