Virtualbox 4.1.8 vboxdrv instantly panics on 8-stable i386

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 22 10:48:03 UTC 2012

On 02/22/2012 02:23, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> The attached patched should try to grab the memory harder.

Same result, different memory address:

supdrvGipCreate: failed to allocate the GIP page. rc=-8
vboxdrv: supdrvInitDevExt failed, rc=-8
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (vboxdrv, 0xc66e8410, 0) error 12

... and not sure it's relevant, but both times I've tried loading these
modules it has killed my sound. /dev/mixer goes away, and I have to
reboot to get it back. This has never happened before, so I'm pretty
sure it's connected.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.