Virtualbox 4.1.8 vboxdrv instantly panics on 8-stable i386

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 22 03:40:02 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 15:51, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Could you please substitute the attached patch file for the corresponding file
> in the port and re-test the port?

Good news, the kernel didn't panic. Bad news:

supdrvGipCreate: failed to allocate the GIP page. rc=-8
vboxdrv: supdrvInitDevExt failed, rc=-8
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (vboxdrv, 0xc66f33e0, 0) error 12

and although kldstat shows the module as loaded, and the control panel
starts, when I try to launch a vm I get this:

Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908)
Make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully.

hth,

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.