www/firefox and mail/thunderbird localization

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue Feb 21 12:59:19 UTC 2012

2012/2/21 Hiroto Kagotani <hiroto.kagotani at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
>> To resume, the www/firefox-i18n port does not work any more, at least
>> for the "fr-FR" locale, at least on two different computers I own, and
>> at least one some other computers owned by others individuals who seem
>> to be using other locales. While it's broken, a workaround is to
>> manually install the french localization from the mozilla website. But
>> what can be done to repair the port or help debug this ?
>
> For Linux, someone seems to have solved the problem.
> http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php/topic,102212.msg871107.html#msg871107
> But I don't know what he actually did.

Thanks. It's maybe related to this : "FF10 has a nice new security
feature which prevents the automatic installation... ".

And some users workaround the problem by installing the mozilla's xpi
in their profile. But that's not how a global extension should work.

Some help from the gecko team ? :)

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."