recent portrevision bump for libvpx

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Fri Feb 17 16:02:10 UTC 2012

2012/2/17 Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org>:
> on 17/02/2012 13:04 Olivier Smedts said the following:
>>>
>>> We're way to aggressive about recording grandchild dependencies.
>>> Repeated calls for this to be addressed have been ignored.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile you can put EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS= true in make.conf which
>>> helps quite a bit for keeping your local /var/db/pkg tidy.
>>
>> For me (526 ports installed, KDE4 and a long time
>> EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS user), I only had to portmaster libvpx and
>> ffmpeg.
>
> I assume you report what you had to do before all the revisions were bumped?

I report what I had to do to have a working system, with working
software and an up-to-date libvpx. I didn't update all the ports that
were bumped (54 for me, and they're all quite big, mostly
kde-related). But now I can't "portmaster -a" if I don't want to clog
my computer for hours... and all those bumps are useless in my case,
pkg_libchk confirms that nothing on my system was using libvpx except
ffmpeg.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."