FreeBSD Port: x11-wm/compiz

Ashley Diamond ash at diamondbsd.com
Thu Feb 16 15:39:24 UTC 2012

I am using Compiz as a standalone window manager and am trying to build
without gnome support to reduce dependencies. If I compile with RSVG,
GTK, DBUS and Gnome it builds successfully. If I try to compile with
just RSVG, GTK and DBUS it fails with:

===>   Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===>   Registering installation for compiz-0.8.4_7

===>>> Creating a package for new version compiz-0.8.4_7
tar: share/applications/compiz.desktop: Cannot stat: No such file or
directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256

===>>> Package creation of compiz-0.8.4_7 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Terminated

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
       portmaster <flags> x11-wm/compiz

I assume either you *have* to install with Gnome (if so why is it an
option) or reference to the compiz.desktop needs to be removed when not
using Gnome?