Please test your commits

Bernhard Froehlich decke at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 13 09:03:44 UTC 2012

On 12.02.2012 22:43, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> On 02/12/2012 03:33 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> on 12/02/2012 23:22 Stephen Montgomery-Smith said the following:

>>> Yes, but it is not without its problems.  I tried testing math/sage
>>> on
>>> redports.org.  It reported an error building the dependency
>>> math/atlas, which
>>> built fine on mine and other people's systems.
>>
>> But still this is an instance of environment where the port can
>> fail, so it
>> warrants an investigation and fixing.  Either in the port or in the
>> redports
>> infrastructure.
>
> Yes, you are correct.  In fact, in the case of math/atlas there is
> the following report.  It looks like people are working on it.
>

> http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=math&portname=atlas&wildcard=

I think this isn't directly related. The build on redports had status
"dud" in
math/atlas which means the port has set IGNORE. I have no good way of
telling which
IGNORE line it is yet but it can only be one of:

You have set WITH_ARCHDEF, but have not defined ARCHDEF
You must select at least one of WITH_SHARED and WITH_STATIC

both sound strange.

> Although, it also didn't work on report when I asked for an amd64
> build.
>
> So it still didn't help me testing math/sage.  I ended up relying on
> another user who politely informed me of build errors on his system,
> and was kind enough to try my patches.

No objections from my side. You did the best you could and have some
logfiles that
prove that. So it is also a bit my fault for not implementing to show
the exact
IGNORE line but I have added it to my todo and will fix that.

http://redports.org/buildarchive/20120208022438-13714/

>>> Also, if everyone starts using it, isn't the backlog going to
>>> become huge?
>>
>> I'll let the redports team worry about this :-)
>>

> Fair enough.

A huge backlog is usually not a problem because there are build
priorities and an
somewhat intelligent scheduler so you won't end up waiting a day until
the first
build is finished. Also right now on very busy days the backend catches
up during
the night so build capacity is not too underpowered right now. I'm
still working
on getting more machines but that takes some time.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/