net/freerdp 1.0.0

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 11 16:31:41 UTC 2012

on 10/02/2012 06:56 Alexander Logvinov said the following:
> 2012/2/10 Alexander Logvinov <avl at logvinov.com>:
>>  I don't think we have to create a new port. A new version of
>> net/remmina coming soon with FreeRDP 1.0 support. Therefore, we should
>> wait for it.
>  Here is 1.0.1 version (not fully tested) with SSE2 option from your
> port: http://people.freebsd.org/~avl/misc/freerdp-1.0.1.tar . Thanks!

Great!  Thank you very much!

Just a few comments:

o IMO, it might make sense to swap default setting for PULSEAUDIO and ALSA -
ALSA is just a single library of wrapper code for OSS while PULSEAUDIO involves
a daemon, some potentially non-trivial configuration, etc.  So for packages ALSA
looks like a better choice.

o In my version of port update I decided to not use -L${LOCALBASE}/lib in
LDFLAGS and -I${LOCALBASE}/include in CFLAGS.  I also decided to not use various
-DXXX_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH flags.  The reason is that I believe that the cmake
detection code should properly work on FreeBSD and if it doesn't work, then it's
a bug.  So I decided to use some patches and I intend to report all the problems
upstream:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-developers/2012-February/003119.html
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4F3013BE.9080707%40icyb.net.ua&forum_name=freerdp-devel

o Also, it looks like the following bug related to SSE2 on amd64 has not been
fixed yet:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4F344225.7060202%40icyb.net.ua&forum_name=freerdp-devel

--
Andriy Gapon