mysql 5.5 fails to build.

Fri Feb 10 11:11:26 UTC 2012

Quoting Martin Wilke <miwi at FreeBSD.ORG> (from Fri, 10 Feb 2012
17:44:01 +0800):

> Linking CXX executable mysqld
> ../storage/innobase/libinnobase.a(row0merge.c.o): In function
> `row_merge_write':
> row0merge.c:(.text+0x571): undefined reference to `posix_fadvise'
> ../storage/innobase/libinnobase.a(row0merge.c.o): In function
> `row_merge_read':
> row0merge.c:(.text+0x968): undefined reference to `posix_fadvise'
> ../storage/innobase/libinnobase.a(row0merge.c.o): In function
> `row_merge_build_indexes':
> row0merge.c:(.text+0x1f08): undefined reference to `posix_fadvise'

> In the tinderbox builds fine.
>

> Some infos about the system
>
> FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #1 r229835: Mon Jan  9 04:11:49 CET 2012,
> Filesystem is ZFS, and all mysql servers running in a jail.
>
> Any idea?

Did you update the jails recently from a FreeBSD version without
posix_fadvise? I noticed in my ezjail-update logs that the update of
files with file flags fails without aborting the installation/update.
So maybe you have some old libs around. I recursively removed the
flags from my basejails and did the update again. A quick look at
ezjail suggests that the removal of the flags should happen
automatically, but I didn't had the time to dig deeper.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Youth is when you blame all your troubles on your parents; maturity is
when you learn that everything is the fault of the younger generation.