What use is WWWDIR_REL?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 23:24:42 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 07:36, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>> So this leads me to many questions, the first and most obvious of which
>> is, what the heck good is WWWDIR_REL in the first place?
>
> I don't follow you: in what sense WWWDIR_REL is different from, e.g.,
> DOCSDIR_REL or DATADIR_REL? Why do you want to remove it and not the
> others?

Looking again at this bit of bpm:

PLIST_SUB+=     DOCSDIR="${DOCSDIR_REL}" \
                EXAMPLESDIR="${EXAMPLESDIR_REL}" \
                DATADIR="${DATADIR_REL}" \
                WWWDIR="${WWWDIR_REL}" \
                ETCDIR="${ETCDIR_REL}"

You're right, the silliness is universal. I was focused on WWWDIR
because I was working with it. They should probably all go away, but I
don't have the time atm to do an exhaustive search on where/how they are
all used.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.