FreeBSD ports which are currently scheduled for deletion

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Feb 8 06:25:56 UTC 2012

On 02/08/2012 10:10, Chad Perrin wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:41:04AM +0400, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> On 02/07/2012 12:29, linimon at freebsd.org wrote:
>>> portname:           databases/p5-postgresql-plperl
>>> maintainer:perl at FreeBSD.org
>>> deprecated because: No longer supported by upstream-- upgrade to later
>>>                      version
>>> expiration date:    2012-03-27
>>> build errors:       none.
>>> overview:http://portsmon.FreeBSD.org/portoverview.py?category=databases&portname=p5-postgresql-plperl
>>
>> And what is wrong with plperl?
>> It builds and works for me with postgresql 9.0. For example, without
>> pl/perl PostgreSQL's dbilink module will not work.
>
> If you check out the "overview" page, it says the package name is:
>
>      postgresql-plperl-8.2.22_2
>
> It evidently works with PostgreSQL 8.2, which (as I understand it) is
> being deprecated by the PostgreSQL project itself.  I think this plperl
> deprecation is based on the fact the plperl package in question is for
> PostgreSQL 8.2, though of course, I'm not 100% certain that's all there
> is to it, and I do not know how this all applies to later versions of
> PostgreSQL.  Perhaps someone else can provide more information.

As I understand, the same port (databases/p5-postgresql-plperl) works
for different PostgreSQL version. It can be built with
databases/postgresqlXX-server. So, if you just don't deliver
postgresql-perl-8.2.22_2 PACKAGE, I don't care. But don't drop the PORT.
You just need to change DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER?=82 in its Makefile to
DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER?=84 and forget about it.

--
С уважением,
Александр Пыхалов,