helping out INDEX builds. best practices?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 01:57:54 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 17:52, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> On 2/7/12 8:48 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
>> On 02/07/2012 17:43, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>>> if a certain port needs to be kept in sync with another portversion,
>>> other than putting a comment in the main port "# must bump portversion
>>> in port..." where you have two maintainers, is there a better way to do
>>> this?
>> Take a look at editors/xxe and editors/xml2rfc-xx
>
> ok, but I said these are two maintainers,

Before I maintained either they were both maintained by 2 different
people. :)

> and I would need to get them
> both to use an include file on another person's port.

Well yeah, but so what? Most people who maintain ports are
cooperative/friendly and are willing to listen to reasoned arguments
about solid technical changes. And for the rest we'll apply the LART.

> I did say without needing to do an include from another persons' port.

Yes, but given that doing it this way is the right answer I ignored you. :)

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.