xlocale support (Was: Re: Zarafa port)

rflynn at acsalaska.net rflynn at acsalaska.net
Tue Feb 7 14:52:33 UTC 2012

> On 07.02.2012 02:18, rflynn at acsalaska.net wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Thanks for starting to work on it! I've added a link from
>>> WantedPorts
>>> to that
>>> mail.
>>
>> Currently stuck on the absence of xlocale(3). Is there any chance
>> these
>> get MFC'd to RELENG_9 and RELENG_8? Or should I try implementing them
>> in platform*.cpp within Zarafa? The latter looks possible, yet not
>> trivial (still have to figure out what it needs from libc_private.h).
>> Also open to workarounds or ports that implement these interfaces.
>
> It looks like xlocale support in current still has some problems so it
> needs to mature a bit more before it gets MFCd.
>
> Many projects have some fallback if xlocale.h does not exist and just
> need a small patch to don't include xlocale.h on FreeBSD. An example
> is the patch for multimedia/mlt:

I looked at the OpenBSD port patches and stripped out the xlocale
interfaces, just a bit different (using HAVE_XLOCALE i.s.o __FreeBSD__)
so it'll work on HEAD. Hopefully, I can get an autoconf patch for this
xlocale(3) test back to upstream, else I'll set it based on $OSVERSION
in the port's Makefile, cause so far I can get away with not using
USE_AUTOTOOLS.

For future reference, USE_GCC=4.6 didn't help.
-- Mel