[HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 1 21:26:57 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 13:19:51 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2012 12:30:25 Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > So, is there a way to do anything like portmaster's +IGNOREME trick
with
> > the new pkg stuff?
>
> In the portmaster patch I have currently disabled this feature, but I think
> I'll try to re-enable it, even if the solution sounds a bit hacky. Better
> than nothing, anyway, for the moment.

Current version from my repository -
https://github.com/xzhavilla/pkgng/blob/master/ports/portmaster.patch
- has +IGNOREME working. portmaster -R works too, now. Only packages
and file preservation are missing, plus a small part in portmaster -e.

Also, portmaster now sets the "orphan" flag which makes pkg autoremove
work. Unfortunately pkg query "%a" is broken in pkgng beta 1, so it's not
fully working yet. In addition, since the old package database doesn't store
that information, pkg autoremove will only work with newly installed
packages, for the moment.

> > At the moment I'm trying to do 'portmaster -fa' using your patches and
> > pkgng and telling portmaster to make packages of everything it installs.
> >
> >  Unfortunately portmaster gets understandably confused when it tries to
> >
> > do that with ports-mgmt/pkg...
>
> It's a bug in portmaster. I reported it to dougb@, and a fix should be in
> the next version of the patch as soon as I feel submitting it to pkgng
> repository for review.

Can you test my latest version and report, submitting a log if you get an
error? Thanks.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.