not for arch? use arch? don't care arch?

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Wed Feb 1 16:16:18 UTC 2012

what is todays favorite way of doing this:
(i sent this question to submitter):

>  I had a question, and just for the logs:
>
>  you removed this in the Makefile, but in your fix log, you didn't
>  mention that you got it to compile on sparc64.
>
>  -.if ${ARCH} == "sparc64"
>  -BROKEN= Does not compile on sparc64
>  -.endif
>  -
>
>  did you mean to remove that test or does it compile on sparc64?

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/164373>

his reply is this:

"The ChangeLog mentioned some sparc64 fixes, so it's worth giving it a
try again, but the port depends on boost-libs now which is marked as
broken on sparc64, so it cannot actually be tested."

So, how do you want me to handle this?

NOT_FOR_ARCHS sparc64?

or just let PH die trying to include boost-libs?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation