[RFC] databases/mariadb55-{server|client} ports

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 27 09:18:09 UTC 2012

Alexandr Kovalenko ha scritto:
> Basically I'm for having both mysql and mariadb ports semi-identical -
> have same install layouts, so if you feel that layout you are using in
> mysql55-* is better - it is easy to fix so that mariadb55 will
> resemble it.

I don't say it's better in absolute terms, I say it's like in linux
distros, so we are giving a coherent and consistent behavior. It's a
tradeoff.

> P.S. I've also noticed that you have .conf file in
> "bin/mysqlaccess.conf" in mysql55-client - was that intentional?
> Shouldn't it be placed somewhere like /usr/local/etc ?

The reason is exactly the same as before, but yes, in this particular
case it may not be the best decision (probably not installing it at all
would be better).

--
Alex Dupre