i3 maintainer for FreeBSD

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Dec 26 12:18:45 UTC 2012

sib at tormail.org wrote:

> I'm an i3 user on FreeBSD, and really love the WM. I think we need a new
> maintainer for the port(1) in FreeBSD, though, because current one doesn't
> ever update it and ignores my mails. 4.4 has been out a little while, but
> we only have 4.2. I'd like to follow the latest versions. Can anyone
> volunteer to become the new maintainer? Sorry for my english.

If Dennis currently has no time for the port I could
take over maintenance.

An update from 4.2 to 4.4 is available at:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/freebsd/i3-4.4.diff
Testers welcome.

At least for my use case the lower cairo and pango versions
don't seem to be an issue. I've only updated to 4.4 today,
but I've been using 4.3 for months.

Fabian