graphics/opencv apparently broken, also out of date: update

Thomas Mueller mueller23 at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 24 09:45:26 UTC 2012

from Kurt Jaeger <pi at opsec.eu>:

> I just compiled graphics/opencv on 9.1 with a very recent ports tree
> without issue.

> Do you have the most recent ports tree ? Would it be possible
> for you to upgrade the base system to 9.1, as well ?

I frequently run "portsnap fetch update", recently downloaded the new system
source using svn, am preparing kernel configuration files for amd64 and i386.

from Marcus von Appen <mva at FreeBSD.org>:

> Yes, it is Python, which causes it. Find a patch attached, which should
> fix the issue. Please apply it as follows:

> # cd /usr/ports/graphics/opencv
> # patch -p0 < /path/to/the/opencv.patch
> # rm Makefile.orig files/extra-patch-opencv_nopython.orig

> After you have patched it, you can try to build and install graphics/opencv
> again. Let me know, if this solves the issue for you.

> Cheers
> Marcus

This is the first patch you sent me.  I have to decode the quoted-printable
first.  My Python version is 2.73, I would have preferred 3.1 or newer, but
FreeBSD ports required 2.7 as dependency and wouldn't take 3.x .

from "Jason E. Hale" <jhale at freebsd.org>:

> I am working on an OpenCV update.  Please be patient with me...I have been
> extremely busy this month at work due to holiday shipping.  Things should slow
> down after the New Year, but if someone wants to take a crack at it in the
> meantime, I'll be happy to review submissions.

It's been a long time with OpenCV, including some months before you took over.

I didn't know what if anything was happening.

Now I want to upgrade the FreeBSD system to 9.1 (prerelease or postrelease?),
I follow STABLE branch.  Then I have to upgrade pcre and ports that depend on
pcre, that could take several weeks if there are snags.

Tom