Problems with samba-* ports on arm

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Sat Dec 15 15:37:13 UTC 2012


The bt from gdb is weird. It looks like the error handler of Samba crashes.

Ronald.


On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 14:12:11 +0100, Timur I. Bakeyev <timur at com.bat.ru>  
wrote:

> File a PR. The problem is that I don't have ARM box around, so it's hard  
> to
> debug.
>
> There is an attempt to address a problem with the ARM in the port:
> .if ${ARCH} == "arm"
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --disable-pie
> .endif
>
> But it never was tested live.
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Łukasz <pickman at wp.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>  I'm not sure whether this is the correct list, but I would like to
>> report my efforts to build and run samba on ARM machine (sheevaplug) -
>> # uname -mopr
>> FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE arm arm
>>
>> samba36-3.6.9
>> nmbd - works fine
>> smbd - core dump with bus error
>>
>>
>>  # smbd -V
>> Version 3.6.9
>>
>>  # gdb smbd smbd.core
>> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
>> Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
>> are
>> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
>> conditions.
>> Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for  
>> details.
>> This GDB was configured as "arm-marcel-freebsd"...
>> Core was generated by `smbd'.
>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>> Reading symbols from /lib/libcrypt.so.5...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /lib/libcrypt.so.5
>> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libpam.so.5...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libpam.so.5
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libexecinfo.so.1...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libexecinfo.so.1
>> Reading symbols from /lib/libmd.so.5...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /lib/libmd.so.5
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libdmalloc.so.1...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libdmalloc.so.1
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpopt.so.0...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpopt.so.0
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libtalloc.so.2...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libtalloc.so.2
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libtdb.so.1...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libtdb.so.1
>> Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.5...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.5
>> Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.7...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.7
>> Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.5...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /lib/libm.so.5
>> Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.9...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.9
>> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/librt.so.1...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/librt.so.1
>> Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
>> Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
>> #0  0x208d20b0 in getframeaddr () from /usr/local/lib/libexecinfo.so.1
>> (gdb) bt
>> #0  0x208d20b0 in getframeaddr () from /usr/local/lib/libexecinfo.so.1
>> #1  0x208d1c84 in backtrace () from /usr/local/lib/libexecinfo.so.1
>> #2  0x003df308 in log_stack_trace () at lib/util.c:1217
>> #3  0x003df4bc in smb_panic (why=0x7cce40 "internal error") at
>> lib/util.c:1118
>> #4  0x003cde8c in sig_fault (sig=8179264) at lib/fault.c:57
>> #5  0x003cde8c in sig_fault (sig=8179264) at lib/fault.c:57
>> (gdb)
>>
>> Below are the options:
>> # Options for samba36-3.6.9
>> _OPTIONS_READ=samba36-3.6.9
>> _FILE_COMPLETE_OPTIONS_LIST= LDAP ADS CUPS WINBIND SWAT ACL_SUPPORT
>> AIO_SUPPORT FAM_SUPPORT SYSLOG QUOTAS UTMP PAM_SMBPASS DNSUPDATE AVAHI
>> PTHREADPOOL EXP_MODULES POPT IPV6 MAX_DEBUG SMBTORTURE
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=LDAP
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=ADS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=CUPS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=WINBIND
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SWAT
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=ACL_SUPPORT
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=AIO_SUPPORT
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=FAM_SUPPORT
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=SYSLOG
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=QUOTAS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=UTMP
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=PAM_SMBPASS
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=DNSUPDATE
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=AVAHI
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=PTHREADPOOL
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=EXP_MODULES
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=POPT
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=IPV6
>> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=MAX_DEBUG
>> OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=SMBTORTURE
>>
>> For samba35-3.5.18 there is completely the same problem.
>>
>> samba34-3.4.17
>>
>> ===>  Building for samba34-3.4.17
>> cd /usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3 && make pch
>> rm -f
>> /usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/include/includes.h.gch
>> make
>> /usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/include/includes.h.gch
>> cc -O -pipe -g -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>> -Wwrite-strings -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER
>> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/iniparser/src
>> -Iinclude -I./include  -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include
>>   -I./../lib/tevent -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc
>> -I./..  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I/usr/local/include -g -Iinclude -I./include
>> -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include -I./../lib/tevent
>> -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc -I./.. -I./../lib/popt
>> -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/lib  -I..
>> -I../source4  -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -fPIC -DPIC -c
>> /usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/include/includes.h -o
>> /usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/include/includes.h.gch
>> Makefile:1354: warning: overriding recipe for target `.h.h.gch'
>> Makefile:1351: warning: ignoring old recipe for target `.h.h.gch'
>> Using CFLAGS     = -O -pipe -g -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
>> -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER
>> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/iniparser/src
>> -Iinclude -I./include  -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include
>>   -I./../lib/tevent -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc
>> -I./.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I/usr/local/include -g -Iinclude -I./include
>> -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include -I./../lib/tevent
>> -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc -I./.. -I./../lib/popt
>> -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/lib -I..
>> -I../source4 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3
>>       PICFLAG    = -fPIC -DPIC
>>       LIBS       = -lexecinfo -liconv -ldmalloc -ldmalloc
>>       LDFLAGS    = -Wl,-z,relro -L/usr/local/lib -g -L./bin
>> -L/usr/local/lib
>>       DYNEXP     = -Wl,--export-dynamic
>>       LDSHFLAGS  = -shared -Wl,-z,relro -L/usr/local/lib -g -L./bin
>> -L/usr/local/lib
>>       SHLIBEXT   = so
>>       SONAMEFLAG = -Wl,-soname,
>> mkdir bin
>> Compiling ../lib/tdb/common/tdb.c
>> ../lib/tdb/common/tdb.c: In function 'tdb_find':
>> ../lib/tdb/common/tdb.c:102: error: implicit declaration of function
>> 'TDB_ERRCODE'
>> The following command failed:
>> cc -O -pipe -g -g -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>> -Wwrite-strings -DDEBUG_PASSWORD -DDEVELOPER
>> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/iniparser/src
>> -Iinclude -I./include  -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include
>>   -I./../lib/tevent -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc
>> -I./.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I/usr/local/include -g -Iinclude -I./include
>> -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace -I/usr/local/include -I./../lib/tevent
>> -I./../lib/tdb/include -I./libaddns -I./librpc -I./.. -I./../lib/popt
>> -I/usr/local/include
>> -I/usr/ports/net/samba34/work/samba-3.4.17/source3/lib -I..
>> -I../source4 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -D_SAMBA_BUILD_=3 -fPIC -DPIC -c
>> ../lib/tdb/common/tdb.c -o ../lib/tdb/common/tdb.o
>> gmake: *** [../lib/tdb/common/tdb.o] Error 1
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba34.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba34.
>>
>> Any hints or ideas?
>> Should I fill a PR?
>> Thank you in advance!
>>
>> Best regards / Pozdrawiam
>> Łukasz
>> _______________________________________________
>> freebsd-ports at freebsd.org mailing list
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-ports at freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"


More information about the freebsd-ports mailing list