no port for Glassfish - does it make sense to quickly write one?

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:25:30 UTC 2012

On 12/14/12 12:17, Christopher J. Ruwe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> using Netbeans I have learned that there is no port for the matching
> Glassfish application server.
>
> Having looked at the Netbeans port, making a port for Glassfish seems
> not to be a big deal, so I am a bit surprised that noone has stepped
> forward to contribute one.
>
> I am willing to be the one to step forward, however, I would like to ask
> beforehand whether there are any reasons I am not aware of that a port
> for Glassfish would be undesirable?
>
> Thanks for your consideration, cheers,
<snip>

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

While waiting for others to reply, read the above link - beginning to
end (several times - as that will help you greatly should you go forward
with this idea.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org