Let's talk about subversion/svn

Jeremy Chadwick jdc at koitsu.org
Wed Dec 12 15:56:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:51:01PM +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Jeremy.
> You wrote 19 ???????????? 2012 ??., 11:16:07:
>
> JC> However, GDBM and Oracle/Sleepycat DB aren't (by default) enabled
> JC> in 1.7.7 which is what's in ports currently:
>   They  weren't  enabled  for  1.7.6  too,  so  it  is  strange,  that
>  pointyhat-builded package require it. I need to investigate this.

Lev,

Politely: any update on this?

I see the packages on the master are still the same date (October 2012),
but I can confirm that building from ports/source doesn't pull in GDBM
nor Oracle/SleepyCat DB.

I imagine the security incident on the cluster, combined with
9.1-RELEASE rollout, has stalled some of this, but I just wanted to
remind you of it in case you've forgotten.

Also, this might interest you since subversion pulls in apr1 (note first
paragraph):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-apache/2012-December/003008.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-apache/2012-December/003010.html

Seems there are many of us trying to get the dependency count down these
days.  :-)

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc at koitsu.org |
| Mountain View, CA, US                                            |