Some ports options is broken

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 12 07:55:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 08:26:52AM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > After ports unfreeze there was commit (
> > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=308598 I think) that
> > introduces new mechanism for selecting ports options. And it has broken
> > many ports options.
> >
> > Example 1. databases/freetds-devel.
> > Now you can't select any option. In ANY case you gets this:
> > ====> You must select one and only one option from the ODBC single
> > ====> You must select one and only one option from the SSL single
> > Config is invalid. Re-edit? [Y/N]
> >
> > And databases/freetds-devel lost one option - "MSDBLIB (MS SQL Server
> > compatibility)". Where has it gone?
>
> The patch at
>
>   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174377
>
> should fix that.

I have done a fast fix already, your patch is wrong is the way that OPTIONS_SET
is a end user thing to put in make.conf where OPTIONS_DEFAULT is the one to be
used inside a port

Do you want the PR to remain open because you will add some modification on top
of my "fast fix" or not?

Concerning the openldap problem, I have spotted why it does that, which is the
long known problem of UNIQUENAME changing all the time, it might take more time
to fix in the particular case because it is not easy to. it worked before
because the option framework was buggily read 3 times.

regards,
Bapt